SERVINGS : 6
60 mussels, shelled, cleaned
180 butter, diced, at room temperature
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
3 egg yolks, at room temperature
A few salt
A few white pepper
A few paprika or cayenne pepper
– Place the mussels in a saucepan and cover with water. Boil at a high heat for 2 minutes and drain.
– Whisk egg yolks, water and lemon juice in top of a double boiler over low heat, until fluffy. Check water in bottom of double boiler so it doesn’t touch
bottom of top half or boil.
– Add butter piece by piece, making sure each piece is incorporated before adding the next, continue until all butter has been used.
– Season with salt and pepper, sprinkling with paprika or cayenne pepper.
– Put the mussels into a saucepan. Pour the sauce over the mussels and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
– Serve at once.