SERVING : 6
2 glasses rice
1 glass chickpeas, boiled
3 glasses white beef stock or water
3 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
– Wash the rice. Cover it with warm water. Add 1 tablespoon of salt. Let cool.
– Wash 3-4 times and drain well.
– Heat the margarine in a saucepan. Add boiled chickpeas. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
– Add meat stock or water, salt and sugar.
– When it starts boiling, add the rice and mix well. Cover and cook first on medium heat, later on low heat until the water is absorbed.
– Put a cloth underneath the lid. Let it simmer on very low heat for 15-20 minutes (taking care that it doesn’t stick to the bottom).
– Let stand for 15 minutes or more. Mix well with a wooden spoon and serve.
– Serve at once.