SERVING : 6
500 gr rice
3 and 1/2 glass water
150 gr peas, shelled
60 gr butter
2 teaspoons salt
– Pick over the rice, place in a bowl and cover it with hot water. Stir in 2 tablespoons of salt and leave to soak until the water cools.
– Place the rice in a sieve and wash thoroughly under the running tap.
– Boil the peas or saute them in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the water and washed rice and salt and boil it rapidly for 5 minutes.
– Reduce the heat slightly until the water is absorbed.
– Add the peas then reduce the heat to very low for about 20 minutes until the rice becomes fluffy.
– Stir the rice before serving.