SERVINGS : 6
1 kg mutton
2 tablespoons margarine
2 medium size onions
2 medium size tomatoes or 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
– Heat the margarine in a saucepan.
– Add the meat cut into cubes and fry them on medium heat. Take them out.
– Chop the onions and brown them in the same margarine.
– Add peeled and chopped tomatoes or tomato paste dissolved in 1/2 cup of water, salt, pepper and the meat. Mix well and add 2 glasses of warm water.
– Cover and let simmer for 2 hours until the meat is very tender.