SERVING : 6
2 glasses bulgur (boiled and pounded wheat)
500 gr mutton, cut into cubes
6 tablespoons margarine
3 medium size onions
2 large tomatoes or 3/4 tablespoons tomato paste
3 glasses white veal stock White Veal Stock
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
– Wash and drain the bulgur.
– Chop the onions and brown them lightly in 3 tablespoons of margarine.
– Add the meat. Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time, until the juice evaporates.
– Add 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, peeled and chopped tomatoes or tomato paste and 2 glasses of warm water. Cover and cook until tender.
– Uncover and cook stirring from time to time until the juice evaporates again.
– Add 3 glasses of meat stock and remove from heat.
– Melt 3 tablespoons of margarine in a saucepan. Add the bulgur and cook at high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
– Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the meat together with its stock. Mix well. Cover and cook gently until the stock is absorbed.
– Leave on very low heat for 20 minutes.
– Mix well with a wooden spoon and serve.