SERVING : 4
1 glass bulgur (boiled and pounded wheat)
250 gr mutton, cut into cubes
3 tablespoons margarine
2 medium size onions
2 large tomatoes or 3/4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
– Brown meat cubes with chopped onions in shortening until the meat has absorbed its juices.
– Add peeled and small cut tomatoes or one soupspoon tomato paste with little water and continue browning for 1-2 minutes.
– Add salt, pepper and 5-6 glasses of water. Cook until tender. The sauce must be reduced to 4 glasses of water.
– Add bulgur. Cook first on high then on medium fire. When bulgur has absorbed the juice stir for once and put aside.
– Serve with pickles and “ayran”.