500 grams mutton
1/2 tablespoon salt
4 tablespoons margarine
4 tablespoons flour
3 egg yolks
1 lemon juice
3 tablepoons butter
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
– Put the meat, peeled whole onion and carrot in 3 liters of water. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours until the meat is well tender.
– Take the meat out and tear it into very small pieces. Put them back into the stock.
– Melt margarine in a saucepan. Add the flour and brown it lightly for 2-3 minutes.
– Slowly add the stock stirring constantly. Pour it into the soup. Cover and let simmer.
– Put egg yolks in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and beat well. Go on beating vigorously with a fork, while adding litle by litle boiling soup with the help of a ladle.
– Add this mixture to the soup and turn the heat off. Pour it into a soup serving dish.
– To make the sauce, heat the butter. Remove from heat and add the red pepper.
– Pour it over the soup and serve at once.