SERVING : 5
2 kg eggplant
1 kg lamb meat, cut into small pieces
2 large sized tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
100 gr butter
100 gr flour
1/2 liter milk
100 gr cheese, grated
– For 1 hour and 30 minutes cook the meat with the onions tomatoes, salt, pepper and a bay leaf. Do not add water.
– Cook the eggplant by holding it by the stem and turning it over an open flame (gas or wood). When the eggplant is soft, remove it from the flame.
– When it has cooled off, remove the skin with a knife while holding the stem with your hand.
– Mash with a fork.
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and make a paste. Add the milk slowly, and let come to a boil.
– Add the eggplant puree to this sauce and stir for 6 to 7 minutes on a low heat. Finally add the grated cheese and stir.
– Put the meat in the center of a serving platter and surround with the eggplant puree.