800 gr. mutton shanks on the bone
1 tablespoon margarine
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons floor
* Scrape the carrot, slice thinly or grate. Grate the celery, and the onion. Pound the garlic in a mortar.
* Put the margarine and olive oil in a pot and place on heat.
* Put the flour in a bowl and coat the shanks with it.
* When the oil is heated, put shanks in the pot and fry well until golden brown.
* Season the fried shanks with salt and black pepper and put the vegetables on the shanks in the pot.
* Saute the vegetables slightly, constantly stirring.
* Mix the tomato paste with 1/4 glass of warm water or meat broth, and pour it over vegetables. Cover and cook, occasionally stirring.
* Rinse and strain the peas and add them to the kebab 20 minutes later.
* Allow to cook for 45 minutes, before seasoning kebab with thyme.
* Check for water while the kebab is cooking and add water if necessary.