2 glasses rice
4 medium size onions
2 medium size tomatoes
1 glass olive oil
1/2 kg eggplants
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 tablespoon currant
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 bunch dill
* Cover the rice with salted lukewarm water. Leave for 20 minutes.
* Wash 3-4 times and drain well.
* Peel the eggplants leaving lengthwise stripes. Cut them lengthwise into four, then each one into 3-4 cm pieces.
* Leave them in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
* Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Drain and dry the eggplant pieces. Lightly brown them in olive oil and take them out.
* In the same saucepan, put chopped onions and pine nuts. Brown them on medium heat.
* Add the rice and brown for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
* Add peeled and chopped tomato, salt, pepper, sugar, currants, fried eggplants and 3 glasses of water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
* Add the spices and chopped dill. Cover well and let simmer on very low heat for 20 minutes.
* Let cool.
* Mix well a wooden spoon before serving.
* Serve at once.