1 and 1/2 coffee spoons salt
1 and 1/2 coffee spoons sugar
1 clove of garlic
1 coffee cup water
1 finely chopped onion
2 and 1/2 cups olive oil
250 grams dry beans
* Soak the beans in water overnight.
* Place them in a saucepan of water, heat on low flame for 45 minutes and then drain.
* Peel and dice the vegetables, and cut the garlic into thin slices.
* Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and brown for 2 minutes.
* Then add the carrot and brown for 2 minutes.
* Then add the celery and potato and brown them for 2 minutes as well.
* Finally add the beans, the grated tomato, water, salt and sugar and cook on a very low heat for 1 hour.
* Serve when cool.