2 and 1/2 coffee cups olive oil
20 pearl onions or shallots
1 coffee spoon salt
1/2 coffee spoon sugar
2 soup spoons green peas
5 glasses water
* Cut 2 lemons into halves.
* The artichokes must be cut so as to leave only the heart and some of the stem. First tear out the leaves by pulling them opposite to the direction in which
* Scrape to remove the small filaments and cover all the exposed areas with lemon juice to prevent the artichoke from turning black.
* Remove the stem from its hard base. Trim around the heart with a knife scraping to the bottom of the heart, not forgetting to rub immediately with lemon.
* Let the artichokes sit in water with lemon juice before being used.
* Peel the potatoes and carrot and cut into small pieces. Peel the small onions.
* Place the artichokes side by side in a saucepan.
* In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, sugar and water and pour this over the artichokes.
* Add potatoes, carrot, small onions and green peas.
* Boil and cook on a low heat for 1 and a quarter hours.
* Let cool.
* Place the artichokes on a serving dish.
* Add garnishings on artichokes equally.
* Sprinkle with chopped dill.